If you want to hide your name in WordPress, you need to follow simple steps to learn about this blog.
Most of the time, when you create a website with WordPress, by default, most things are not done by us and similarly, when you set up, your username is replaced by your name in the post. Comes, which sounds amazing.
So if you want your blog post to appear professionally, it’s important to have your own name instead of your own.
To do this, you must follow simple steps, which you will see as you go down.
In the picture below you can see that my website shows your name as opposed to my name which doesn’t look good or safe. So it is very important to fix it.
How to hide your username in WordPress?
Follow the points given below to fix this problem.
- First of all login to your WordPress website.
- Now click on Users from the menu appearing in the corner.
- You will see three options in Users – All Users, Add New and Your Profile
- From this select Your Profile.
- Now come down a little bit.
- Here you will see 4 fields – First Name, Last Name, Nickname (Required) and Display Name Publicly As.
- Enter your first and last name in the first and second fields. In the third field, you enter your name that you like or it is the name that you want people to know you by.
- Now select the name from the list in the fourth field that you want your website to show.
- After filling all the fields, you move towards the bottom and click on Update Profile.
- Now go to your website and refresh/reload the page.
- Now you can see that your username has been removed from your website.
Before you leave here, I want to tell you something related to this.
That way, your website will show your name instead of your username. But there is a problem with that. You navigate your browser over the name that appears on your website.
As you do this you will see the author’s URL displayed in the lower corner. In simple words, a link will appear with your username. It is also not good to follow security because it allows anyone to know your personal name.