Gazania flower is very beautiful and attractive, generally it is found more in South Africa, it grows in winter season, although it can also be grown in summer season. Gazania flower is seen with many brilliant colors. Like orange, purple, white and yellow In this blog you will be given complete information related to this.
How To Grow Gazania From Seeds
- To grow a Gazania plant from seed, you need to have a day temperature around 30 degrees Celsius.
- Now first of all you should buy Gazania Seeds from any nursery or online.
- After this you have to prepare a good soil mixture, in which you mix the cockpit, sand, and vermicompost well. If you don’t have a cockpit, you can make a good soil mix by adding old compost to normal garden soil.
- After this you have to take a pot, in which you are going to grow Gazania Seeds. Keep in mind that it is very important to have a hole at the bottom of the pot for water to drain out. By placing some pebbles on these holes. Fill the pot with soil.
- After filling the pot with soil, fill the pot with plenty of water. Till the water starts coming out from the bottom of the pot.
- After this, you have to plant Gazania seeds at some distance above the soil in the pot. On top of this you have to cover the seeds by making a thin layer of the cockpit. If there is no cockpit, use normal garden soil.
- After that again sprinkle water on them. After this, keep the pot in a place where there is no direct sunlight.
- Your Gazania Seeds will sprout after about 7 days. When your plants get a little older, you can take them out of the pot and plant them in the ground or in a bigger pot.
How to Plant a Gazania Plant From a Cutting
- To plant a Gazania plant from a cutting, you must take a cutting from the root of this plant.
- You will see many small plants in the root of this plant. You can remove some of these small plants by cutting them with any sharp-edged tool.
- After taking a cutting from the plant, you should plant it in any pot. Do not plant the cutting too deeply in the soil.
- After planting the cutting, put water in the pot and keep it in a shady place. In about 1 to 2 months, your cuttings will start to grow very well.
How to Take Care of Gazania Plant
- The Gazania plant should always be planted in such a place, where there is about 6 to 7 hours of sunlight in a day. If this plant does not get good sunlight, it causes it to wither.
- Always plant the Gazania plant in a good soil. The soil of the pot should be friable. The pot or any bed in which you have planted the Gazania plant should have proper drainage system.
- If we talk about irrigation of this plant to this plant, then water it from time to time. If you water it a certain amount and well, then you get to see very nice and healthy flowers on the plant.
- If you give too much water to the plant every day, then the roots of the plant rot. Due to which the plant starts drying up, and its leaves start turning yellow.
- If you want to get a lot of flowers from the Gazania plant, then for this you should pluck old flowers from the plant from time to time. So that new flowers come on the plant. If you don’t pluck old flowers from the plant, it starts forming seeds on the plant, and the number of flowers on the plant decreases.
- If we talk about the fertilizer of this plant, then it does not require much fertilizer etc. If you have planted it in good soil in the beginning, then just take special care of water and sunlight, apart from this there is no need to take much care of this plant.
- If we talk about kit moths on Gazania plant, then this plant does not seem to have any kind of kit moths. But if for some reason kit moths are eating the leaves of your plant, then you can spray neem oil for this. With this, there will be no kit moths of any kind on the plant.
Gazania Flower Season in India
If you live in India and want to grow flowers in Gazania, you can grow it from June to November, as it takes about three weeks for it to bloom. After 3 weeks, the flower will start to dry. Flowers from Gaza do not bloom at night. In the evening, their flowers cover the center with a plate or paper. In addition, flowers in Gaza do not receive enough sunlight, but stop blooming.